Tomorrow I’m starting my 2018 review. For the next seven days I’ll examine different areas of my life and think about how well I took care of each one.
When I think about my life and what I’m trying to accomplish I use the following goal categories, in priority order:
- Personal Well Being: This involves how well I take care of my mental, physical, and spiritual needs. It comes first because if I don’t take care of myself I can’t take care of anyone or anything else.
- Family: Next comes my family, starting with my children and moving out to my extended family.
- Relationships: My friends. Did I build new friendships? Did I maintain existing friendships?
- Fun and Recreation: How I spend my free time, and how much free time I give myself.
- Finances and Legal: How I manage my money and my legal affairs.
- Career: How I’m advancing my career. (Note: This does not include work projects.)
- Possessions: How I take care of things I own, from my home to my personal property.
My goal categories are based on Zig Ziglar’s goal categories: Career, Family, Financial, Mental, Physical, Social, and Spiritual. They map like this:
|My Categories||Mapping to Ziglar Categories|
|01 – Personal Well Being||Mental
|02 – Family||Family|
|03 – Relationships||Social|
|04 – Fun and Recreation|
|05 – Finances and Legal||Financial|
|06 – Career||Career|
|07 – Possessions|
Tomorrow I’ll review how I did in 2018 with Personal Well Being. See you then.