Phase 3 of my Pick Four goals program starts today. Recall that Seth Godin created the Pick Four program using Zig Ziglar’s goals program as its foundation. To summarize, you pick four goals to work on over a 12 week period. You try to work on each goal every day, and record your progress daily and weekly.
For Phase 3 I’m going back to basics. I’m also going to modify the program slightly and take on more than four goals.
1. Eat healthy. Stay within my Weight Watchers daily allowance of 30 points and weekly allowance of 42 points.
2. Rebuild my exercise habit. Try to exercise every day, and do a minimum of 30 minutes every other day.
3. Rebuild my meditation habit. Try to meditate at least 15 minutes a day.
4. Continue to write. Complete The Artist’s Way 12 week program and continue to write every day.
5. Maintain my possessions. Do some work on the house, the yard, or my personal property (digitial and physical) every day. It could be as simple as cleaning the kitchen or the bathroom, or it could be more complex and time-consuming, like decluttering.
6. Read every day. Read something long form, like part of a book or a magazine article. Scanning headlines or skimming web pages doesn’t count.
7. Post to this site every day. At minimum I want to post my goals progress, but I’d also like to get back into the routine of writing something every day. It was a good creative exercise for me.
That’s 7 goals for the next 12 weeks. I suppose I could combine some of them into one goal and stick to 4, but I think that misses the point of the program. I also need to have each of these called out so I can track my progress against them.
I’m excited about these 12 weeks. I’m enthusiastic about these goals, and I look forward to shaing my progress with you.